This is what to do

• if you have been or are about to be subjected to violence or harassment, contact the police

• you can ask the police to issue a temporary restraining order

• you can also ask the social services for advice or turn to another party giving advice

• use expert assistance, where necessary

• after a restraining order has been issued, think if you can do something to improve your security, like change the locks etc.

• control yourself actively that the restraining order is not violated

• if the restraining order is violated, inform the police immediately

• do not be afraid to act for your own safety and the safety of your family

The police emergency number 112