How to proceed?

The parties may either together or separately request at the district court that mediation be initiated. The written application, which may be freely formulated, must include the names and contact information of the parties to the mediation as well as a short description of the dispute.

The parties to a dispute may also request mediation in a case already subject to legal proceedings before the court. The judge may also suggest mediation. If mediation is commenced, the mediator must be some other judge than the one who dealt with the case in the trial.